Child Adolescent & Family Therapy
We provide a child-centred space where your son or daughter can feel safe and supported to work through life's challenges.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
We offer Psychoeducation, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Relaxation Strategies, Skills Training, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, through the lens of Person-Centered Counselling. This creates an accepting space for your son or daughter to express their feelings and thoughts and learn skills to improve their overall functioning and optimise their strengths.
Using the latest research to provide evidenced-based treatment in:
- Cognitive and Educational Psychological Assessments
- Behavioural assessments
- Support schools in Management Planning: Suicidal ideation/self-harm/school avoidance.
- NDIS plans with counselling, psychology and occupational therapy supports
We conduct formal psychological assessments of cognitive, educational, and mental health functioning. Such assessments maybe useful to identify assessments of IQ, giftedness, intellectual disability, learning difficulties, or injury impairment which can inform treatment recommendations.
We provide comprehensive reports and work along side the young person, the family and the school. We are also able to visit the school to undertake case conferences where needed.
- Attentional Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Suicidal ideation and Non Suicidal Self Injury
- Oppositional Defiance
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Depression, Anxiety and Panic
- Grief, loss, Trauma and PTSD
- Self regulation
- School avoidance
- Behavioural Issues
- Separation and Divorce
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Peer Relationships
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioual Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Emotionally Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (EF-CBT)
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Gestalt and Humanistic
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Dialectal Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Attachment Theory
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
What we do well
We specialise in working with children in the area of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attentional Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD), Anxiety and Depression and Suicidal Ideation and Self Harm.
This includes a clinical intake session with an experienced practioner to outline the issue of concern and see if we are the best fit for you and the family. We then develop a collaborative treatment plan and commence applying evidenced based interventions. We review and collect data to aid with treatment outcomes.
We provide you with education, visual and plans for you to continue with therapy beyond the counselling room. It is not just about the work in the room, it is your investment outside the counselling room of which we support you with this. We work collaborativley with schools and can assist with school plans and other professionals alike.